Monday, March 28, 2011

Adventure in Dublin

Well hello Friends. 2 and a half weeks ago I stepped out on the biggest adventure of my life. Around December of last year while praying about my life and what was and wasn't happening, I for the first time in my life really heard the call of "Adventure". So I decided to just go. This is the account of that Adventure.

Day One & Two: Dublin
I've never flown before, in a plane or otherwise. So my first flight was from Charlotte to Philadelphia. I sat next to a guy named Sean. It was a great first flight. The Second leg of the flight was from Philly to Dublin, Ireland. This part was almost 10 hours long. I sat next to and older French couple who had extremely bad breath. They breathed a lot as they slept.. haha. No problems... I love flying.




This is what it looks like when you first fly into Dublin. Lovely place. Very clean and the I would say by far Dublin/Ireland was the most friendliest place I visited.


This is a little friend I found in the Natural History Museum. I like him a lot. It was cool because the museum was kept in the style of the late 1800's when it was opened. Really cool things in there.


Apparently this is where Bono lives... thats cool.


Myself and a friend that I stayed with in Dublin named Brendan went to this little place called Killaney. Victoria Hill is there and these following pictures are from there.





You get a great view of the City of Dublin from here.


These are really the only two pictures I have of this little town called Dalkey. It's a "suburb" of Dublin. I love this place. It was here that I tried a little bit of Heaven called a Battered Mars Bar.... Only those who have tasted know of it's power.



There were numerous Bars in Dublin and Guinness was everywhere. I'll have some more Bar Pictures I'll put up later.


This house is supposedly a point of inspiration for the design of the White House. I can kind of see it.


This is a little park... I really wish parks in the US were cool like this. I could spend hours in a sweet little place like this.





Tourist much?


This is the Dublin Tourism Center... pretty cool for a Tourist Center.


The Following are a collection of pictures from Christ Church, St. Patrick's Cathedral and some spots along the way. St. Patrick's was so amazingly beautiful.



Didn't have time to stop and drink... what a pity...

Some Churches & Cathedrals...

Christ Church




On the way to St. Patrick's... haha
St. Patrick's Cathedral

I love the guys taking a picture in this picture...



The Nave

SO Beautiful...

I'm actually going to stop here for tonight... I'll start the next post with more from the inside of St.Patrick's...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments. :)