Wednesday, April 06, 2011

London: Part One

Well, I will begin my London pictures here but I know there is no way it's all going to fit on one post. My first day in London was kind of a wash. I went to my hotel, which was awesome by the way, and just chilled out. I went out later that night and looked around the section of the city my hotel was in. I ate a Burger King. I have no shame....

My day started in the airport in Dublin. I really like this shot.


This was my hotel room for my first night in London... super fancy hotel. Liked it a lot and had a truly "Smashing" English Breakfast the next morning.




Whats a trip to London without seeing one of these...


The next morning I got up and took some time in Russell Square. Then I went to The British Museum and did my best to take in 10,000 plus years of history in about 2.5 hours. It was crazy but I loved every minute of it. (http://www.britishmuseum.org) It is truly a must see place if you go to London. Because I'm not sure about copyright stuff so I'll just say that any pictures of the museum or exhibits in the museum are not mine and they are owned by whoever. ...blah blah blah.





Zeus


Errbody knows this guy... Cupid.


An Orrery... look it up. Pretty cool.


Ummm.... Creepy.


Then there was this guy. I couldn't stop taking pictures of him. Just so cute. hahahaha


They had a section dedicated to the history of currency. ...man am i glad that we have the option on the right as opposed to the left.


Some Middle Ages Church Bling.... still not sure what those guys were thinking.


A medieval comb... very nice.



Some ladies could learn a lot from these hotties...



The Rosetta Stone.


I really like this one. It's Queen Elizabeth's II contribution to the museum.


I left the Museum and went to the Hostel I stayed at. It was an awesome place. (http://www.yha.org.uk/find-accommodation/london/hostels/london_central/index.aspx) If you are ever in London and need a place, this is the one. But on the way there I snapped a few pictures of surrounding curiosities.



I found out that the first night I was in London, Amos Lee was playing about 10 minutes down the street. While I was jamming out to his music in my room, he was right around the corner. Then, the day I checked in at the Hostel I passed by the BBC Radio Station and little did I know, Amos Lee was doing an interview here. Just cool that happened.


Speaking of BBC, this is one of their broadcast towers. The first shot is obviously in the day and the second at night. The one at night, while I was taking it, a lady come and stood beside me and said, "They must have done that just for you. It never looks like that." I was like... shooos... You know this.



Imma end London: Part 1 here and pick it up on the flipside. :) Much love for all the peeps who are checking this blog out. Holla.

2 comments:

Thanks for your thoughts and comments. :)