Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Moment In Lynchburg, Virginia

I recently went to visit a dear friend in Lynchburg, Virginia and had the opportunity to snap a few pictures while I was there. Lynchburg is a beautiful city and has a lot to offer in the area of outdoor play, the arts, nightlife, and collegiate involvement. It's downtown district is located on the James River and was once a booming industrial site as many river city's were. After visiting one of my favorite coffee shop/cafe's, The White Hart, my friend and I went down to the old/new River Walk in the Downtown District. Here are some photos from there. Let me know your thoughts and Enjoy!


This is hanging up in The White Hart towards the back of the building where they have monthly book club meetings. There used to be a book society/club that would meet there called "The Inklings". The group was based on another society with the same namesake from Oxford, England which included prolific authors such as J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis. 
(Side note: I'll actually be visiting the place where the original "Inklings" met in Oxford at the end of this month. I'm so excited!!!) This is the place where my love for this poster and saying began. I didn't know then that it's origin lied in the UK from WW2 and Winston Churchill. Very Cool.  

These pictures are from down by the River Walk. The downtown district is in a revival period as many in the US are. These old factory buildings are being turned in to loft apartments and retail/restaurant space. It's pretty neat to see these areas coming back to life.












Love this one...






This is a panoramic view of Liberty University taken from Liberty Mountain.
Soon I'll be blogging about my second adventure to Europe. I'm Leaving on March 26th and returning on April 9th! CAN"T WAIT! While I'm there I'm going to be looking at options for a long term Mission in Dublin. Be in Prayer to see what God has for me there... across the sea...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments. :)