Sunday, April 08, 2012

He Arose, Hallelujah! Christ Arose!

Well, this is my first post from abroad. haha. It will probably be my only post from abroad because well, I've been to busy being abroad. ...wait, that didn't sound right. Anyways. This trip has been filled with adventure and unforeseen treasures to many to tell. I've met people from at least six different nations and seen the face and heart of God in everyone of them in some way. I could say trip complete with just that, but it's been so much more than that. I encourage you to read this post as a journey of prayer and reflection. Blessings.

This morning as I woke up to a dreary London morning, just the way it's supposed to be, I felt the Lord stirring in my heart. I could feel his heart beat, sense his touch, smell his aroma. I knew he was near. The amazing hostel I'm staying in London is called the International Student House and they have a hot breakfast that they give you a voucher for when you check in, I was like "how good could this be?"... It was amazing; bacon, eggs, hash rounds, orange juice, and coffee. Awesome. I finished up quickly and headed back to my room because I knew I had an appointment with my King.

I opened the window, felt the wind on my face, a chill came over me. It wasn't from the chilly air outside my window. He was here. His majesty filled the room. I took him in. He took me. I began to worship him and sing a new song to him. It felt so good, so real, so fresh. It's because his mercies are new, every morning. I don't usually do this but I feel like I need to share this from my journal. For years I've felt like I've had a yoke around my neck from all the past relationships and friendships that I've ruined. I bore the weight of the offense. It didn't matter if I was the cause of it or not. I still had the offense around my neck, like a collar, I was pulled wherever it wanted me to go. Doomed to repeat past offenses and cause more pain and have more pain for myself. A pain that I couldn't escape or prevent. I didn't even know this collar was around my neck but he revealed it to me today.

The scripture Ezekiel 11:16 - 20 came to my mind. Here's what it reads from the Message version.

"Well, tell them this, 'This is your Message from God, the Master. True, I sent you to the far country and scattered you through other lands. All the same, I've provided you a temporary sanctuary in the countries where you've gone. I will gather you back from those countries and lands where you've been scattered and give you back the land of Israel. You'll come back and clean house, throw out all the rotten images and obscene idols. I'll give you a new heart. I'll put a new spirit in you. I'll cut out your stone heart and replace it with a red-blooded, firm-muscled heart. Then you'll obey my statutes and be careful to obey my commands. You'll be my people! I'll be your God!"

As I contemplated this scripture and it's meaning. I couldn't help but think about how much my walk with the Lord has been like the Children of Israel in the way that one minute I'm alive, walking with the Lord and the next I'm lost in soulish frustration, angry with Him and willing to worship idols that give me what I want or at least, what I think I want. But this is what He spoke to me:

"You are free from the guilt of your past relationship failures. No shame. No guilt. Just forgiveness. You are not responsible for bearing the offense. Take off the burden of offense. I have taken it all. I bore it all. I have overcome. Now, you have overcome."

With that I felt a release, a peace, and just when I thought I couldn't feel anymore of His presence, it got thicker; deeper. This was my response... Good morning friend; lover. Come, meet me here. This Easter morning I praise you with my whole heart. For you have risen from the grave and in rising you rose my heart from the grave. No more a heart of stone but a heart of flesh you have crafted in me. You are lovely, and attractive to the eyes of my soul. I am drawn into you and the beauty of your holiness. I truly was made for intimacy with you. My desires, soul, spirit, and flesh, are now set at your feet. Let the river of your joy flood over them so that my pleasure may be found in your desires for my life. You are all that matters. You are all that remains.




You might ask, "Why did you share this? This is just too personal." The answer is simple. I wanted to let you know that no matter what grave your heart is in today, he can and will call it to life again. But you have to to let him. In and out time the last four to seven months I've been "scattered in those strange lands and far countries with temporary sanctuaries" from the scripture above. I've been seeking so many different things to satisfy my wandering soul; Pride, lust, waste, greed, selfishness, abandonment, apathy, ...so many more have taken their turn on the throne of my heart. Ungodly kings that have brought destruction to the land of my soul. But today, that land was conquered by a righteous King. A living King. A loving Savior. Let him come and conquer your heart. AWAKE! RISE UP! Your King and Deliverer is near at hand. Take heart in this desert place, you have not been abandoned. He has not left you to die in a wasteland. For the place you thought was a wasteland is a green pasture, teeming with life; real life, heavenly realities, and hope for a future. Be at rest in this promise today.




Take a moment to hear Him. 


In Scotland, the view from atop the William Wallace Monument.

I want to conclude with a song, a hymn. I grew up singing this song most Easter mornings and whenever the Choir/Worship leader was feeling "Eastery". ...haha. The video is a funky Raggae version. Interesting take I must say but its quite fun. :)


Love. 
David


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments. :)