Saturday, June 30, 2012

Paris 2012: Part Two Seine River Boat Cruse

One really cool thing about the tour was taking a river cruse on the Seine River (info). You get to see most of the iconic symbols of Paris from a unique perspective. I'd recommend it for a first time visitor to Paris (cruse info). Our cruse started at the base of the Eiffel Tower... here we go.


I think this is the American Cathedral (info).



This is the Grand Palais (info). There will be music if you go to the link. I have some better pictures of it later... I think. :)


This Bridge is call the Pont Alexandre III (info). Probably one of the most if not the most ornate bridge I've ever seen. Very beautiful.


I like it. It's fancy.






This is the National Assembly of Paris (info). Pretty important building in French History.


Random buildings... I have no clue.




Paris Orleans Co. (info)








Notre Dame (info). I'm going to do a whole post for the pictures I got while actually going inside. I'm going to go on record and say that it's probably the most beautiful cathedral I've seen on interior.... they've done quite a bit of lighting work in the last few 
years that have made it look spectacular.








Random fact: Notre Dame is actually situated on an island called Ile de la Cite (info). It's known as the epicenter of Paris and likely the location of Paris' most early inhabitants. 


More randomness...














Some graffiti shots for my friend dbellgo... haha.












One thing that always takes me by surprise when I'm traveling abroad is that the American flag is less displayed or just not there at all. I know it's not America but it's just strange not to see it everywhere... anywho, I'll stop here. Up next the Louvre and Notre Dame. Thanks for taking the time to stop by. :)

2 comments:

Thanks for your thoughts and comments. :)